Tue, Jun 27|
"Queen of the Court" Open Gym Runs
Calling all women hoopers in the Big Bend area! Tuesday nights in Tallahassee. Join us at the Lawrence-Gregory Community Center!
Time & Location
Jun 27, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Tallahassee, 1115 Dade St, Tallahassee, FL 32304, USA
About the event
Open Gym Rules
1. Half court games/shooting around is permitted until there are 10+ players on the court. Once there are 10 players that wish to play full court pick up, full court rules will take over.
2. Waiting players must call ‘next’ to have dibs on the next game. Calling "last next" solidifies your spot at the end of the current line, however long it may be. If nobody (excluding your teammates) can validate you got in line, it didn't happen! It is your responsibility to find who has next and tell her you have after them.
a. The players that have ‘next’ (and those in que after) may fill their team as they wish with people
present in the gym and not already in a game. If there are not 5 players on the sideline waiting
to play, players may be selected from the previous losing team.
i. No holding spots for friends that are not in attendance.
ii. Persons that are in que for ‘next’ should not be picked up by other teams.
Their game is coming...
3. When there are persons waiting to play, games are played ‘straight up’ to 11 by 1 and 2 pointers (no need to win by 2 points, first to 11 wins).
a. Call out score after each made basket, so everyone knows the score.
4. Winning team stays on the court (limited to 5 straight games - In case a team wins 5 consecutive games, 2 new teams will take the court.)
5. Games are "self-officiated" and "self-monitored." Good sportsmanship is expected of each player. Call your own fouls and violations and honor the call of your opponent.
6. Should there be a dispute, they are settled by the dissenter making a 3-point shot. It does not count towards the game score.
7. No back court violations.
8. Persons that fail to abide by these guidelines and City of Tallahassee Parks and Recreation’s code of conduct are subject to removal.
When arriving at a pickup game it is important to ask, "Who's got next?"